Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Voice from the East...

Although my time is limited, I've stopped by to post a brief update from the road. Currently in Tampa, and soon to arrive in Orlando, I'm tagging along with Matt on a gig engagement. We were fortunate enough to stop in New Orleans along the way, enjoying the usual beignets and French Market coffee (as well as our favorite, the Ramos Gin Fizz) - but the focus of our stop there was to have an audience with George Schmidt, the almost indescribably ebullient painter and musician... a true character we'd been wanting to meet with for a good, long while. After our business here in Florida, we will be making a return stop in NO, to enjoy the city's amazing beauty and character... as well, of course, to see Mr. Schmidt once again before heading back to Dallas.

Updates to come - I'm infinitely excited to see how the energy of New Orleans influences my work. I have some awfully wacky ideas in the mix, to say the least...

No comments:

Post a Comment