Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bit by Bit, it Comes to Fruition!

At long last, our wedding invitations are being processed! This took a tad longer than I'd planned, but nearly every step has taken place in-house - the illustration, layout, printing, addressing, and mailing. I'm very happy with the results:

I decided to represent our union with a decorated Edison "Opera" model cylinder player - Matt and I crave early popular music - and the RSVP card features elements of Coney Island - the Steeplechase pavilion, Parachute Jump and a Traver Circle Swing ride. This is what happens when two old-world nuts get together and make a noble go of it - we know how to throw a captivating party, and create more-than-suitable invitations for it.

Meantime, another Slingers show took place on February 2nd... enjoy the following photos, taken by Thomas Garza (tgarza, on smugmug.com). A gal needs to step away from her drawing board from time to time, after all - no better way to do that than with a Charleston and mooch dance. As well, just for good measure, I thought it would be sensible to include at least one photo of my handsome fiance´ - sporting the aforementioned Odd Fellows Hall hat. You don't put forth the effort of such a restoration for Nothing, you know. As a deeply endearing aside, I should mention that Matt is holding my late father's conducting baton - he has led the last two Slingers performances with it. And although my pop was much more classically-oriented, I'm sure he would have been thrilled to know that his baton is still keeping rhythm. Here's to you, Tom Bennignus...




No comments:

Post a Comment